ENTRY-LEVEL QUALITY POSITION on 2nd SHIFT:
Service Steel, is looking for a Quality Tech for our manufacturing facility located in East Moline, IL. The ideal candidate will be a team player with the ability to also work independently, have great attention to detail, with an excess of initiative and drive to succeed.
The Quality Technician will be responsible for the inspection of steel tubing and bars using handheld measurement tools. He or she is responsible for ensuring that both raw materials and processed parts comply with quality standards and are within the specified ranges for tolerance. This is an entry-level position and requires a person with a desire to learn new things, and the ability to be self-directed and focused with minimal supervision. This is a shop floor position and will require continuous exposure to dust, occasional extreme weather conditions and conditions commiserate within a steel production environment.
- Measures parts daily for accuracy and with precise repeatability using handheld metrology instrumentation without supervision (Tape measure, Dial Caliper, Micrometer Etc.…)
- Complete necessary documentation
- Learn and understand all production operations and manufacturing processes
- Assist with corrective action reporting and process improvement activities
- Other quality and inspection tasks as needed
- Understanding of Test procedures and test equipment
- Basic blueprint reading
- Basic computer and Microsoft Office skills and knowledge
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be organized and able to multi-task
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight-hour (or longer) day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. from a floor or table position to chest high using a proper lifting technique.
- Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers to manipulate tools and parts.
- Work overtime as needed
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quality Inspection or assurance 1 year (Preferred)
- ISO 9001 Knowledge (Preferred)